1. Allergic anaphylactic shock – A student with a dairy allergy was promised the sherbet he bought was dairy free. It may have been, but the spoon used was cross contaminated ice cream on it. The student went into shock immediately; his friend did not know how to use his epi pen. Luckily an army medic nearby was able to administer the epipen and get the student to the hospital. EMA Care was called in to give detailed advice on how to live with food allergies in Israel. The student has not had another allergic reaction. We strongly encourage friends and Israeli staff to learn how to use an epipen and how to safely manage food allergies in Israel. It’s a matter of life and death.
2. Car Accident – A student (pedestrian) was hit by a car and her foot was broken. While in the ER, EMA Care was called in to evaluate the situation and to assure the parents she would receive the best medical care available. An EMA Care nurse spoke with the student in English explaining all that was going on. She was in constant communication with the parents in the States. Together, along with the student, it was decided she would fly home to the States for treatment. EMA Care supervised the leg being casted and made sure she had proper assistance on the flight home.
3. Emotional Breakdown – A student came to Israel, thinking her emotional issues were stable enough to be in Israel. Her mother contacted EMA Care after her first week here because she could tell from phone calls, something was not right. EMA Care’s mental health specialist established a relationship with the student and found the treatment program that is right for her. The student has had an amazing dream-come-true year in Israel.
4. Wrong Prescription – A student with strep throat was given the wrong prescription for antibiotics. With a high temperature, pain, and lethargy, he went from pharmacy to pharmacy looking for someone to fill the prescription. He didn’t understand what the pharmacists were telling him. His mother said “you have EMA Care, call them”. EMA Care knew right away the medicine prescribed did not exist! EMA Care staff, at 9 PM, called the student’s insurance company and the doctor to explain what had happened. An EMA Care nurse told the student how to take care of himself until the proper prescription could be given to him the next day.
5. Pneumonia – A student became very sick with pneumonia. Thanks to the excellent response of her seminary she did not need to be hospitalized, but she was very, very sick. EMA Care was able to visit her in her dorm room to check on her recovery. An EMA Care nurse assessed her vital signs and lungs, made sure she was compliant with her meds, offering easier ways to handle the medication. The nurse also asked seminary staff to prepare nourishing food for her. The recovery was two weeks. The student and her parents appreciated EMA Care’s contribution to her full recovery.
6. Misdiagnosis – A student developed a strange pain in his arm. With no history of trauma, he was diagnosed with a benign orthopedic condition by a family physician. The EMA Care case manager suspected based on symptoms that it could in fact be a more serious condition (as the student was having substantial pain and disability) and discussed the situation with the parents. A specialist scan and appointment was arranged and the student was diagnosed with a fracture. The healing process is entirely different for a fracture, and excellent rehabilitation was arranged through the insurance company. Misdiagnosis can happen anywhere, but with an “extra pair of eyes” on the situation, the likelihood is lower with EMA Care.
Israel: 052 639 8444
USA: 929 230 1792
I write to express my hakarat hatov (positive recognition) and my gratitude to the two health professionals from EMA Care that have been from the start professionally involved and continue to be interested in my care and long-term recovery.
After a serious fracture, I was hospitalized in the north, and my insurance company recommended EMA Care services to help me. After a surgeon was pressuring me to sign consent for surgery, I realized that I needed to remain...
I would like to recommend Eliana (EMA care) for her sensitive and timely help for clients who are having difficulty navigating the health care system Israel, specifically for Anglos, whether new olim or those of us who been here for many years.
The obstacles of interfacing with the health care system here is daunting, especially at a time when one is going through an acute or chronic condition that is protracted and complicated. Often one doesn’t know whom to turn to or where to go,...
During our recent visit to Israel, we really struggled to find food for our son who has anaphylactic level allergies to egg and sesame. We approached both restaurants and hotels and were told they were unable or unwilling to take responsibility for preparing his food.
After learning about Dr. Eliana on-line, we contacted her in the...
We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the amazing gift you have given us over this Pesach- the gift of having you with us!!!!
We have NEVER felt more comfortable, calm, and at ease than we did these past 10 days. Your warmth, professionalism, kindness, and care shown through in all that you did.
My children are so grateful that they were able to be with you this Pesach. You made sure that they were so well looked after and they felt so at ease and...
When our son was injured in a car accident during his yeshiva year in Israel, he had to start navigating the medical system on his own. But once we contacted Dr. Eliana Aaron at EMA Care (www.HealthCareIsrael.com), she immediately flew into action. Dr. Aaron accompanied our son in the ER and made sure he and we knew at every step exactly what was done and what needed to be done, especially important for someone who suffered a concussion and...
My son went to Israel for a year requiring infusion every 6-8 weeks. It was very stressful at times to coordinate getting his meds sent to Israel, scheduling appointments, and having to worry about him going on his own. Then a friend told me about EMA Care. EMA Care was truly amazing.
You can speak to an American who understands your concerns and will walk you through the entire process, from dealing with insurance to making appointments, and even getting someone to escort your...
It sounds like my dad has decided to hire you and I'm thrilled.
He actually seems much calmer than he has been in a long time and he is very happy with what the EMA Care staff has done so far.
You provide an amazing service and I feel very fortunate to have you on board.
“EMA” Care is so fitting a name for Dr. Eliana Aaron’s exceptional gap year concierge health care service. Dr. Aaron is not only an incredible health care professional; she is also an “Ema Extraordinaire” in every sense of the word. My child had a range of medical needs while abroad, some anticipated and others not, and she was there for him (and me) – even in the middle of the night, -- always calm, reassuring, thinking out of the box, getting him to the appropriate medical professionals...