Medical concierge stands for personalized, caring, inclusive health care case management for both tourists and residents in Israel. EMA Care is one of the few medical concierge companies in Israel, and the only service managed and run by the highest level of experienced health care professionals and clinical experts.
1. Case management for chronic health conditions. EMA Care will pull all the different bureaucratic parts together so you receive the best health care available in Israel – stress free. Unlike other case management services, we will also review your medical condition and provide health education, explain your health condition, teach you to prevent complications, self-help training, teach you to be as independent as possible, and give you tools to improve your health outcomes.
2. Organizing your medical files. EMA Care professionals understand that it is difficult to organize and manage medical files. Unlike other countries, in Israel the patient is expected to carry and maintain their own medical file. Add the paperwork and bureaucracy involved, and the medical file can easily become disorganized and overwhelming, making it more difficult to access health resources and have meaningful conversations with your doctors and family members. Organizing you medical record makes it easier to communicate with your health insurance and medical providers… and saves space in your home!
3. Arranging all doctor appointments. EMA Care will work with both kupah health providers, maximizing your health benefits, and private physicians to provide you with the top medical care available in Israel. Expedited appointments are often available through our services, eliminating excessive wait times, and providing a stress-free health care experience. EMA Care health professionals will look at your overall situation to evaluate what has been overlooked, and to prevent things from falling between the cracks of the health care system.
4. Accompaniment to appointments. Tens of thousands of Israeli seniors live alone or have no family members living either in country or in their area. Tens of thousands more live with a spouse only and have no medical-Hebrew speaking family members. In a country where the medical culture includes “the squeaky wheel gets oil” - having a medical professional Hebrew speaker at medical appointments or emergency rooms is essential for advocating for optimal health care and communication with health professionals and family members.
5. Emergency Room advocacy. EMA Care offers a unique service of attending emergency rooms with clients to expedite treatment and communicate with medical professional colleagues about the diagnosis and treatment plan. This service is available as part of a case management plan or can be a stand-alone service as part of a comprehensive emergency health plan. EMA Care health professionals communicate in person and remotely with hospital personnel and family members to help direct care and communication.
6. Caring, thoughtful communication between patient, doctors, and family. EMA Care knows that communication between patients, family, and doctors can be challenging in any country. Did you know that the average Israeli doctor spends 7 minutes with each patient? Did you know there is a severe shortage of geriatric medical specialists in Israel? The lack of health providers and time makes it stressful and difficult to get everything you need from your doctor’s appointment, and there is often very little time for explanations and questions. Additionally, there is little community nursing care, which eliminates most health education, health promotion, and prevention of complications. EMA Care health professionals expedite caring and thoughtful communication between not only patients and physicians, but also between family members, as requested by patients. We fill in the gaps of the health care system by supplementing the time and education needed, and maximizing use of physician appointments and time.
Medical concierge costs are not included in standard Israeli health coverage through kupat holim. However, EMA Care’s medical concierge packages will help you save time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. In one such case recently, EMA Care helped a patient avoid painful, unnecessary surgery by assisting her in getting a legally authorized second opinion from a top surgeon. EMA Care’s goal is to lower the stress associated with health crises and health conditions. EMA Care case managers want to help you improve your health by being your personal advocates.
I write to express my hakarat hatov (positive recognition) and my gratitude to the two health professionals from EMA Care that have been from the start professionally involved and continue to be interested in my care and long-term recovery.
After a serious fracture, I was hospitalized in the north, and my insurance company recommended EMA Care services to help me. After a surgeon was pressuring me to sign consent for surgery, I realized that I needed to remain...
I would like to recommend Eliana (EMA care) for her sensitive and timely help for clients who are having difficulty navigating the health care system Israel, specifically for Anglos, whether new olim or those of us who been here for many years.
The obstacles of interfacing with the health care system here is daunting, especially at a time when one is going through an acute or chronic condition that is protracted and complicated. Often one doesn’t know whom to turn to or where to go,...
During our recent visit to Israel, we really struggled to find food for our son who has anaphylactic level allergies to egg and sesame. We approached both restaurants and hotels and were told they were unable or unwilling to take responsibility for preparing his food.
After learning about Dr. Eliana on-line, we contacted her in the...
We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the amazing gift you have given us over this Pesach- the gift of having you with us!!!!
We have NEVER felt more comfortable, calm, and at ease than we did these past 10 days. Your warmth, professionalism, kindness, and care shown through in all that you did.
My children are so grateful that they were able to be with you this Pesach. You made sure that they were so well looked after and they felt so at ease and...
When our son was injured in a car accident during his yeshiva year in Israel, he had to start navigating the medical system on his own. But once we contacted Dr. Eliana Aaron at EMA Care (www.HealthCareIsrael.com), she immediately flew into action. Dr. Aaron accompanied our son in the ER and made sure he and we knew at every step exactly what was done and what needed to be done, especially important for someone who suffered a concussion and...
My son went to Israel for a year requiring infusion every 6-8 weeks. It was very stressful at times to coordinate getting his meds sent to Israel, scheduling appointments, and having to worry about him going on his own. Then a friend told me about EMA Care. EMA Care was truly amazing.
You can speak to an American who understands your concerns and will walk you through the entire process, from dealing with insurance to making appointments, and even getting someone to escort your...
It sounds like my dad has decided to hire you and I'm thrilled.
He actually seems much calmer than he has been in a long time and he is very happy with what the EMA Care staff has done so far.
You provide an amazing service and I feel very fortunate to have you on board.
“EMA” Care is so fitting a name for Dr. Eliana Aaron’s exceptional gap year concierge health care service. Dr. Aaron is not only an incredible health care professional; she is also an “Ema Extraordinaire” in every sense of the word. My child had a range of medical needs while abroad, some anticipated and others not, and she was there for him (and me) – even in the middle of the night, -- always calm, reassuring, thinking out of the box, getting him to the appropriate medical professionals...