Medical concierge stands for personalized, caring, inclusive health care case management for both tourists and residents in Israel. EMA Care is one of the few medical concierge companies in Israel, and the only service managed and run by the highest level of experienced health care professionals and clinical experts.
For residents in Israel, EMA Care offers the total package of medical case management and health care supervision and guidance in Israel. Each client has a customized service packaged based on their individual and family needs. This tailored package can include:
1. Case management for chronic health conditions. EMA Care will pull all the different bureaucratic parts together so you receive the best health care available in Israel – stress free. Unlike other case management services, we will also review your medical condition and provide health education, explain your health condition, teach you to prevent complications, self-help training, teach you to be as independent as possible, and give you tools to improve your health outcomes.
2. Organizing your medical files. EMA Care professionals understand that it is difficult to organize and manage medical files. Unlike other countries, in Israel the patient is expected to carry and maintain their own medical file. Add the paperwork and bureaucracy involved, and the medical file can easily become disorganized and overwhelming, making it more difficult to access health resources and have meaningful conversations with your doctors and family members. Organizing you medical record makes it easier to communicate with your health insurance and medical providers… and saves space in your home!
3. Arranging all doctor appointments. EMA Care will work with both kupah health providers, maximizing your health benefits, and private physicians to provide you with the top medical care available in Israel. Expedited appointments are often available through our services, eliminating excessive wait times, and providing a stress-free health care experience. EMA Care health professionals will look at your overall situation to evaluate what has been overlooked, and to prevent things from falling between the cracks of the health care system.
4. Accompaniment to appointments. Tens of thousands of Israeli seniors live alone or have no family members living either in country or in their area. Tens of thousands more live with a spouse only and have no medical-Hebrew speaking family members. In a country where the medical culture includes “the squeaky wheel gets oil” - having a medical professional Hebrew speaker at medical appointments or emergency rooms is essential for advocating for optimal health care and communication with health professionals and family members.
5. Emergency Room advocacy. EMA Care offers a unique service of attending emergency rooms with clients to expedite treatment and communicate with medical professional colleagues about the diagnosis and treatment plan. This service is available as part of a case management plan or can be a stand-alone service as part of a comprehensive emergency health plan. EMA Care health professionals communicate in person and remotely with hospital personnel and family members to help direct care and communication.
6. Caring, thoughtful communication between patient, doctors, and family. EMA Care knows that communication between patients, family, and doctors can be challenging in any country. Did you know that the average Israeli doctor spends 7 minutes with each patient? Did you know there is a severe shortage of geriatric medical specialists in Israel? The lack of health providers and time makes it stressful and difficult to get everything you need from your doctor’s appointment, and there is often very little time for explanations and questions. Additionally, there is little community nursing care, which eliminates most health education, health promotion, and prevention of complications. EMA Care health professionals expedite caring and thoughtful communication between not only patients and physicians, but also between family members, as requested by patients. We fill in the gaps of the health care system by supplementing the time and education needed, and maximizing use of physician appointments and time.
Medical concierge costs are not included in standard Israeli health coverage through kupat holim. However, EMA Care’s medical concierge packages will help you save time and money by avoiding costly mistakes. In one such case recently, EMA Care helped a patient avoid painful, unnecessary surgery by assisting her in getting a legally authorized second opinion from a top surgeon. EMA Care’s goal is to lower the stress associated with health crises and health conditions. EMA Care case managers want to help you improve your health by being your personal advocates.