The amount of children with food allergies is on the rise.
It is estimated that between 1997 and 2011 the number increased by 50%. That means 1 out of 13 children have food allergies; 2 in every classroom!
If your family has a member with food allergies, EMA Care is here for you. EMA Care is the only medical concierge company that specializes in helping you travel safely with food allergies.
The most common food allergies are milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish, and shellfish. Experts have estimated that sesame is becoming the 9th most common food allergy. Except for shellfish, these allergens are popular and commonly used in food preparation in Israel! It’s important to know that the Israeli culture is not attuned to food allergies because there are so few people in Israel with allergies.
EMA Care offers you many different food allergy services.
- EMA Care’s customized card is laminated and easy to carry and present to hotel dining rooms and restaurants. In Hebrew, these cards describe your allergy and list products you need to be aware of
- EMA Care’s allergy free bakery in Israel is able to offer you almost any baked good you desire: Cookies, cakes, and muffins are just a few. Includes fresh bread and gluten free products
- Consultation service via email and phone calls. On call availability-limited hours
- In person pre visits to your hotel and restaurant destinations to advise on allergy free foods. In person availability-limited hours
- In person consultation available 24 hours/day. On site supervision for food prep and meals
EMA Care's subsidiary Food Allergy Concierge offers you custom services to build a food allergy free trip to Israel. If you want to plan an allergy free Bar or Bat Mitzvah, now is the time to learn more, please click here..