EMA Care is the first health service company to provide medical concierge, case management, and health advocacy services for gap year students. EMA Care also has a full range of services for students with food allergies.
These services are offered to any participant in varied Israeli programs for 3 weeks or more. EMA Care works with yeshivas, seminaries, MASA, camps, etc.
Do you know that most long term programs have no medical personnel? health care for Israel gap year students is complicated. Nearly every program requires that students have health insurance, but this coverage leaves parents and students needing more.
- Health Insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions
- For pre-existing conditions, parents and students must fend for themselves and find providers and solutions to the student’s needs
- Health Insurance pays for health coverage, but no one monitors the quality of service provided.
- If your child gets sick or suffers an acute injury (like a sprained ankle), he or she may end up at the emergency room or doctor’s office alone, with a friend, or perhaps with a counselor – none of whom are qualified to advocate for optimal care for your child.
- The Israeli healthcare culture is vastly different than yours, and this may affect the medical care your child receives.
- As parents, your point of contact when your child is unwell is the school administrator, who does not have the medical background to assure that your child is getting the best care
- Living in a dormitory and eating in a school dining room can be quite challenging for students in Israel.
EMA Care provides case management services for pre-existing conditions: Making appointments with specialists, organizing logistics, communicating with providers at home, and managing care.
EMA Care is available to attend routine or urgent appointments-even emergency rooms if necessary to advocate and assure the student in a scary foreign environment.
EMA Care acts as a professional health liaison between the student, parents, health providers, and school administrators to assist with optimal communication.
EMA Care offers the student food allergy safety from customized food allergy laminated cards, allergy free baked goods, and food allergy advocacy to the program’s directors and kitchen staff.